Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter Solutions

Go down 
+6
njsniper
Payne06
Uziguy
Romulus
ilovemybike
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:14 am

Alright let me try to get things rolling around here.

I know some people have to deal with extreamly cold weather and gas guns do not operate to the highest standard under cold weather.

Hand wamrers I have heard can be taped or rubber banned around the protruding mags, such as in the Tanaka rifles.

please share your methods of keeping your gas warm!
Back to top Go down
ilovemybike
Admin
Admin
ilovemybike

Number of posts : 43
Location, where do you live? : houston texas

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:55 am

Well, I think easiest would just be to keep the mags warm until you use them, that way when you put them in your gun, your hand will then keep them warm.
Back to top Go down
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Romulus

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:57 am

Being from Alaska and being a fan of GBB's (I run POR) I have run into this issue quite a bit.

I find that the best way to combat cold is to stash mags all over my person and keep switch them out when ever I have a second.

I have also found that I get much better performance out of all all plastic pistols. They don't feel great but they don't hold cold like metal does either.

When I was using KSC Glocks I would always swap out upgraded recoil springs for stock soft ones so that the gun would continue to chamber BB's even when there wasn't much juice going to the slide.

The other cardinal rule of winter shooting is no rapid fire. It cools the gun down so fast that it will normally vent gas.

(Note that I am talking about guns being used below 32 F (0C))
Back to top Go down
ilovemybike
Admin
Admin
ilovemybike

Number of posts : 43
Location, where do you live? : houston texas

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:10 pm

I like the idea, but not alot of people use plastic pistols.

How does Co2 react to cold weather?
Back to top Go down
Uziguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 10
Location, where do you live? : Barrie, CANADA

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:27 am

Co2 is actually better in the cold then green/propane. But it still has to fight the same issues, ie if the gun is cold it wont perform to spec's
Back to top Go down
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:29 am

that's true. However, I normally use propane all year long.
Back to top Go down
njsniper
New Guy
New Guy
njsniper

Number of posts : 3

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:37 am

Would puting the mag in a pocket close to your body do any good?
Back to top Go down
pearldrummer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:36 am

i just rubber band a Hand Warmer to my sidearm, and throw a couple Warmers in my mag pouches. typically i never need my handgun, but when and if i actually do, i like to be able to draw them successfully and be able to shoot without having to pop a mag into my gun tongue
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 am

njsniper wrote:
Would puting the mag in a pocket close to your body do any good?

Yes it does, but not that much. I actually spend most of the evening with at least one mg in my pocket at home.
Back to top Go down
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Romulus

Number of posts : 67

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:52 am

I have to agree that pockets themselves don't do that much.

I have found that the armpit is much more useful.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:58 am

It may be possible to line m16 or mp5 or any other SMG or rifle mag pounch in a vest with furry fabric and put hand warmers around them. Then they would be warm when you are ready!
Back to top Go down
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:47 pm

When playing in winter, I (when using the pistol as a primary) often just ejected the magazine and carried it in my hand and inserted the magazine as needed. Kept it warm that way.

Option two: There are those cheap as chips 'bio-heat' packs that you can buy for under $2NZ. (well, they may cost more there, but these are in the shape of cute little hearts Suspect )
A couple of those will give some heat when you need.
Back to top Go down
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
PxRxSxRX

Number of posts : 58
Location, where do you live? : Mankato, MN
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Cute little hands? Sweet, and lame at the same time. I haven't seen those up here, but then again I haven't been snowboarding in like 4 or 5 years, so I really haven't needed hand warmers and such... sad thing is I worked in the rental shop at the local hill only two years ago. I'll have to go out there and see if anyone I know is working so I can aquire some hand warmers for cheap. Gotta love friends in low level positions who give you deals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Solutions   Winter Solutions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Solutions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Gas Gun Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: