Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisNorth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Has anyone else had problems with the gas release valve becoming sticky, and affecting operation of a GBB?

So far I've had it happen twice, and I was wondering if it was a common occurrence or just because I rarely remember to add oil to my propane before filling. It's an easy fix of course, but I was just wondering.
Back to top Go down
pearldrummer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:20 pm

id say its probably because your not using oil when you are using propane...

Green gas is basically propane, only it has a silicone aditive which really helps maintain the longevity of the gun your using the gas in.

try taking the valve out, soaking it in a little Step 1 gun oil, take it out, and hose it down with silicone spray.
Back to top Go down
ChrisNorth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:12 am

Hmm, that's what I was thinking. I guess it's not really common then?

Pretty amazing how just a thin layer (or lack of) of lube can have such an effect.

I haven't really thought of it until now, but there weren't as many shots put through either mag compared to some of my others, and both mags were for full auto guns. I guess the oil is just blown off faster or something.
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:45 pm

I don't usually ever have this problem since I still use green gas (I know, burning money), but I did once get a Guarder Hi Flow that was stuck from the factory. I was less than happy about that.
Back to top Go down
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member
Kevorkian

Number of posts : 34
Location, where do you live? : Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:50 pm

New or old, If you are using propane I always soak them in silicon oil & manually operate them while submerged. Reinstall & voila...I've had many new Tanio Koba valves stick from the factory, you just have to break them in!

Adding oil to mag fills is just routine if you want your equipment to last! Neglect them and it will cost you $$$$$.

KP
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:01 am

How do you like TK valves? I haven't found one (I tried one in a KSC MK23, and then another one which I can't remember) and they haven't yet worked too well. I still prefer KM, Guarder and Carom Shot.
Back to top Go down
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member
Kevorkian

Number of posts : 34
Location, where do you live? : Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:39 am

Tanio Koba have by-far the highest chrono readings according my set-ups! Tried all of the others but they just don't measure up! I've had to soak all of my TK valves & manually operate them before installing...something I've just got used to doing I guess!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?   Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else had problems with a sticky gas valve?
Page 1 of 1