Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas

Go down 
+3
hkssr20det
Payne06
mateba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mateba
New Guy
New Guy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-12-13

help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Empty
PostSubject: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:56 am

This is my first post. My name is mateba and I have a TM 5.1 and love it.

I got it last Christmas. Great gun! Its just as accurate as a real one within 25ft.

The problem happens when I gas my mag. I use propane and green gas and it just leaks out a little after I start gassing. I have been told its my seals. I tried to lube them up but that didn't work. Any suggestions? Any mag disassembly guides?

mateba
Back to top Go down
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:01 am

maybe replacing the o-rings on the mag?
Back to top Go down
mateba
New Guy
New Guy

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:45 am

how do i get to them?
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:05 am

First off, where is it leaking from?

Also is it leaking when you are filling the mag? If that is the case, and it stops leaking once you are done filling, that is normal blowby which is part of the mag design.

Now you need to find out what parts of the mag are leaking, to do so, fill it up and then dunk it in a vat of water. Then notice where the bubbles are coming from. Then dry that sucker off.

Then let us know and we can help you resurrect the seals.
Back to top Go down
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Romulus

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:18 am

I find that my Hi-Capa mags often leak from the fill valves but that it is fixed by a hard core lubing.

What exactly did you do to lube your seals?

(on a side note, if you don't want to dip your mag in water I have found that using propane allows you to smell where the leak is.)
Back to top Go down
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:07 pm

The common cause of leak for 5.1/4.3 magazines that *I* have observed, was the screw that holds the two halves of the magazine together, gets loose.
Use a #1 Philips head driver (or the appropriate piece on your multi-tool) to ensure the screw is in tight.

Heck, if you want, unscrew it completely then give it a nice bit of silicone (or whatever you prefer) to the insides, then reseal.
Back to top Go down
Shinjin MC
New Guy
New Guy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:45 am

agree with wege

another thing that helps is wrapping some teflon tape around the screw threads

definitely an easy fix
bought some "broken/leaky" mags from people and fixed em in 30 seconds this way before
Back to top Go down
ChrisNorth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 9:39 am

I've found the steering fluid method to work extremely well, too, if it's the valve itself that's leaking. Let the problem valve soak in some of the fluid for at least a week, then dry the steering fluid off with some compressed air and a paper towel, then lightly lube it with silicone oil. It's worked with everything I've tried it with so far.

Just a reminder, make sure your mag is empty (both gas and BB wise) before you open it up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas   help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help!: 5.1 mag not holding gas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Gas Gun Forum :: Gas Hand Guns-
Jump to: