Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you choose a GBB?

Go down 
+7
PxRxSxRX
Kevorkian
Romulus
Payne06
Uziguy
ilovemybike
hkssr20det
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

How do you choose a GBB? Empty
PostSubject: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 9:27 pm

So when it comes to choosing a new GBB what is more important to you?

Manufacturer
Style (Glock, Beretta, 1911, etc)
Store
The gas it can use
Available upgrades
FPS
Mag Capacity

I guess it would be better to rank the options above.

For myself, since I have a fair number of guns I tend to look at either Style (ie, I want to build a Glock) or Manufacturer first. I certainly have my favorite manufacturers and those I just don't like (not a huge fan of KWA/KSC).

Followed closely by available upgrades. Other than whether or not it is in stock, I have a number of stores I buy from, so that rarely comes into the equation. I also have a supply of 134A, so the gas question rarely comes up.
Back to top Go down
ilovemybike
Admin
Admin
ilovemybike

Number of posts : 43
Location, where do you live? : houston texas
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:04 pm

I think it is the model. You can customize any gun to use any gas, you can get from different stores, and almost any pistol is upgradeable.
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:39 pm

Yes and no. Some guns are much more upgradeable than others. I mean if you have access to actually produce parts, then anything goes. There are some guns that just have very few bits and pieces made for them. A good example is the version 2 KSC 1911 or most of the Marushin guns.
Back to top Go down
Uziguy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 10
Location, where do you live? : Barrie, CANADA

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:10 am

I always choose on how a gun looks first and then performance second. In most cases the gun can be upgraded to perform how you want it to, but it will basicaly always look the same as the day you bought it. So looks are more important to me.
Back to top Go down
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:21 am

I usually go for the style, then narrow it down to a brand. I absolutely LOVE 1911's so that's why I got a WA 1911 over the other brands that make 1911 pistols.
Back to top Go down
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Romulus

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:19 am

At this point I normally buy guns on their individual merits. By this I mean that if a specific gun looks interesting I will pick it up. My new Mk23 for instance was bought because a lot of people really talked it up. I waned to know how it actually shot. Now that I know I am selling it so that I can give more money to hkssr20det.
Back to top Go down
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member
Kevorkian

Number of posts : 34
Location, where do you live? : Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:33 am

I bought a KSC USP.45 just to see what all the hype about them was...I ended up selling it because it never quite felt right in my hands. I think it was too light & had a very distinct "plasticky" feel to it. I even went as far to order & install a SD aluminum slide & outer barrel on it but it did nothing but "look good" ! That was the last time I buy something based on "hype".

If you are serious about purchasing a GBB, do your homework! All of the answers to your questions are at your finger tips! There's a lot of reviews out there, you just have to find them!
Back to top Go down
Payne06
The Apprentice
The Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:56 am

Kevorkian wrote:
I bought a KSC USP.45 just to see what all the hype about them was...I ended up selling it because it never quite felt right in my hands. I think it was too light & had a very distinct "plasticky" feel to it. I even went as far to order & install a SD aluminum slide & outer barrel on it but it did nothing but "look good" ! That was the last time I buy something based on "hype".

If you are serious about purchasing a GBB, do your homework! All of the answers to your questions are at your finger tips! There's a lot of reviews out there, you just have to find them!

I agree, don't get it just because it's the most popular thing or most common. First, pick out something that fits your hand well. Such as you can hit the slide release easily and can hit the mag release easily. Also, pick out a good, reliable brand of GBB, not some cheap brand that will cost you even more in parts and service. That's why I ended up with a 1911 style pistol because it fits my hand well and because I bought a WA brand because WA is among the best brand and they make the most detailed 1911's such as the Kimber.
Back to top Go down
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member
Kevorkian

Number of posts : 34
Location, where do you live? : Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 pm

I always like to find a GBB that has parts, accessories, upgrades readily available from Den Trinity, WGC, Redwolf, UNcompany, etc.
There's nothing worse than having down time cause your gun is broken and parts are not available.

FYI : Those who have purchased a HFC GBB as of late...I have heard that their parts factory recently burned down & there are no spare parts until early Spring 08'.
Back to top Go down
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
PxRxSxRX

Location, where do you live? : Mankato, MN
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 am

I went primarily off style, metal body, and price this time out... I am making the "Silverballer" from the Hitman games (specificly Blood Money) so I needed a 1911. I was still researching what to get and found a used WE On ebay with only a couple days left on the bidding and no bids for only $10 at taht point, I ended up paying $33 for it knowing full well that it was missing a spring, but that it would be cheap (and easy) to fix.

Depending upon how much I like this gun I may be willing to spend more on the next pistol I get (after I make the second one of these, as I'd like them to perfom similarly) and go with something better than a WE, but it's also a pistol and from what I understang the most common problems with them don't seem as if they'll bother me at this point, but I suppose we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Romulus
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Romulus

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:53 am

Bummer about HFC's parts factory. I hadn't heard about that.
Back to top Go down
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
PxRxSxRX

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

Wow... that's a bad deal. I hope no one was hurt of killed due to that, and on a lesser note I hope no one using their products breaks there guns until they get everything back in order.
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:34 am

Or they could choose to upgrade any parts that break. I believe a number of HFC parts can be swapped for Tokyo Marui parts.
Back to top Go down
PxRxSxRX
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
PxRxSxRX

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:40 pm

Hmm... upgrading would make perfect sense. It seems a lot of companies are (or at least are rumored to be) compatible with TM parts.
Back to top Go down
Meety_Peety
New Guy
New Guy
Meety_Peety

Number of posts : 8
Location, where do you live? : San Diego, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:48 pm

I'm pretty picky on guns I'll buy, making it kind of hard to find new guns.. without completely breaking the bank. I have to like the way it feels in my hand just as much as the way it looks.. or I'll pretty much end up reselling it after a while. I've always loved the classic look of 1911s and among all of the guns I've used, real steel or airsoft, they feel the best to me. After getting this new TM Colt 1911, I think its safe to say my next gun is going to be a silver TM Delta, when I'm finished with the Colt though of course :P
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:50 pm

Not to rain on your parade man, but the Silver Delta kit is sold out now. UNCompany sold out, and they where the only ones listing it. The silver SFA is gone as well. You can either buy the Prime/BoomArms series 70 or wait until PGC releases a new one. I did warn you, never sleep on PGC, they will always sell out.
Back to top Go down
Meety_Peety
New Guy
New Guy
Meety_Peety

Number of posts : 8
Location, where do you live? : San Diego, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Ahhhhhh are you serious? Damn, I kind had a feeling it would happen. And yes you did warn me... but I wanted to get this gun finished before I started on a new project, mainly because I've been having such a hard time finding the parts I need now, that I wanted to be sure I could grab them as soon as they were available. I've still yet to find the Outer barrel I want, and the hammer I want has been out of stock for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:11 pm

hkssr20det wrote:
A good example is the version 2 KSC 1911 or most of the Marushin guns.

What, please, is a Version two KSC 1911?
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:18 pm

For some reason KSC released two versions of the 1911. I have no idea how to tell the difference other than the tag on the cover, but I know they did make two of them. Further to that, I bought a number of upgrades for the KSC 1911 to install on my old KWA (which has the version 2 tag) and they did not fit. The recoil guide rod was missing the hole for the post on the hop up unit, the recoil spring was too narrow (wouldn't clear the stock guide) and the FireFly blowback unit was not the same design as the one in the gun (more like th CZ75 if I remember correctly).
Back to top Go down
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 3:53 pm

I wonder if this is more in line with the so called "2007" version of the M9 that KSC has released, also, with 'better accuracy and gas flow' apparently.
Hmm.
Either way, back to topic (for me)

Get a GBB that YOU like the look of.
There are versions for all sorts of hands.
Examples:

Sub-compact from Glock 26 and SIG P230
Compact such as the H&K USP Compact or Beretta M1934
Medium such as Walther P99 and Glock 32c
"full size" such as Beretta M9 or M1911 series
HUUUGE such as Magnum Research Desert Eagle or H&K Mk23.

Just find a price, shape and requirements you need. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krame
Forum Member
Forum Member
Krame

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:13 pm

My most important factor in choosing a gbb other than price is the manufacturer, style, and amount of parts available for upgradeability.
Back to top Go down
Jin
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jin

Number of posts : 13
Location, where do you live? : Saint Paul, MN
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:09 am

For me there are a number of factors that go into a choosing a GBB, I'll list them in the order of most important to least important...

1. Is it something I like the look/feel of?
2. Is it something different from anything else I already have?
3. Is it made by a reputable manufacturer? (No HFC, KWC, WE, or KWAs)
4. Does it have good aftermarket support for repair parts and custom parts?
5. Is it compatible with at least some real steel parts and accessories?
6. Can I afford it with spare mags and all the custom parts I want?

Yep, that pretty much sums it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you choose a GBB?   How do you choose a GBB? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you choose a GBB?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Gas Gun Forum :: Gas Hand Guns-
Jump to: