Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M11 ROF increase anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pearldrummer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-12

M11 ROF increase anyone? Empty
PostSubject: M11 ROF increase anyone?   M11 ROF increase anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:45 am

Hey guys,

I was in my room going through some boxes when I found my KSC M11A1 laying helplessly in the bottom of a box. I picked it up, field stripped it and cleaned up the dust that had accumulated on it. I had just recently worked on a real M11 and so I thought to myself "this thing looks basically the same as the real one..." so I then remembered that you can simply increase the ROF on the real one by adding what's called a "MAC-JAC" to the back of the lower receiver so that when the bolt flys back, it doesn't have to make any unnecessary travel. I have successfully made a couple of these things out of plastic (Shape Lock), but I will soon be making some out of metal with a coat of rubber to protect the bolt. The ROF increase is amazing so far. Popping off a single shot while the selector is flipped to "F" is next to impossible as this thing now fires almost too fast.

Would anybody be interested in one of these? they take about 5 minutes to make and I'd be able to sell them for material costs + shipping (about $5.50 :P) Im working on uploading some videos of what the ROF diferences is like.

M11 ROF increase anyone? Th_m11mod2

M11 ROF increase anyone? Th_M11mod
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: M11 ROF increase anyone?   M11 ROF increase anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Great idea you got there, just hoping there is no extra strain on the gun due to faster opperations. If I had one I would be interested. Props on the idea though.
Back to top Go down
Kevorkian
Forum Member
Forum Member
Kevorkian

Number of posts : 34
Location, where do you live? : Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: M11 ROF increase anyone?   M11 ROF increase anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Does this work for the KSC M11 ? I'd be down for a couple of those upgrades...any problems with durability & excessive wear on stock internals from prolonged use?
Back to top Go down
Knief
New Guy
New Guy
Knief

Number of posts : 5
Location, where do you live? : Ann Arbor, MI
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: M11 ROF increase anyone?   M11 ROF increase anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:37 am

Pearl,

I meant to ask this on MiA, but completely forgot. From the sound of it, you essentially just put a solid piece behind the bolt so it couldn't travel as far back, correct? Have you thought about installing a spring instead? My WA SVI Championship .45 came with a system meant to provide the same function or shortening the slide cycle to increase cycle time. Rather than just shortening the length of travel, the WA comes with a second, short, very stiff spring on the recoil rod, with a rubber washer keeping it from tangling with the stock recoil spring. The idea is, using a spring instead of a solid block lessens the stress put on both the slide and frame (or in the case of the MAC, the bolt and frame) by increasing the duration of the impact. Think of hitting the windshield of a car vs. hitting an airbag in an accident.

Give it a shot with a short, stiff spring and I think you'll get the best increase of ROF whilst keeping some degree of durability.
Back to top Go down
pearldrummer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: M11 ROF increase anyone?   M11 ROF increase anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 6:37 am

there is a solid piece of soft plastic behind it. I have a new version that is currently being produced by a friend of mine at his machine shop that is basically a flat square with a spring, and on the other side of the spring is a ruberized disk the only problem with this system is that there are moving parts and as a simple rule of guns, the less moving parts the better. I need to find a way to ancor the new accelerator in place and I would like to avoid having to screw it in place or have it permenately cemented in there. so if any of you guys have an idea of how I could do this, PLEASE CHIME IN!

Also what I've thought about is just placing a spring system at the back of the bolt and shave about 3mm off the current Mac Jac so that way there is no worry about cosmetic issues
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M11 ROF increase anyone?   M11 ROF increase anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M11 ROF increase anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Gas Gun Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: