Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Temperature question with GBBs.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Temperature question with GBBs. Empty
PostSubject: Temperature question with GBBs.   Temperature question with GBBs. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 4:24 am

What temperature do folks think is too hot for a stock airsoft gun.. heck.. even upgraded ones.

At a recent game or two here in NZ, the temperature was at least in the 30s (Celsius) and I found that a couple of the Marui guns felt as though they were cycling TOO fast. In one instance a 4.3 with an upgraded hammer spring, recoil spring and metal slide destroyed a part I have never heard of breaking - the piece that houses the hammer itself! Admittedly, the magazine had been left in the sun for a bit.. >_< but when that same magazine was used in a standard (read heavy) WE 5.1 (the early clunky ones), it actually made the 5.1 shoot VERY nicely.

Using my TM M1911A1, I found that the cycling was far too fast... almost as if the slide was being rammed back to it's 'end' position too quickly. I don't think that that would have been healthy at all. The 'kick' felt funny... kind of strangulated.
I think that the a saving grace for this would have been if there was a rubber bumper/buffer installed on the recoil guide as well as a stronger recoil spring.

Even the TM SigP226s were shooting hot and fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Location, where do you live? : Walnut Creek, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Temperature question with GBBs.   Temperature question with GBBs. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:06 am

Right about at where you were playing in sounds hot for a gas gun. Remember that if you where to leave a mag in the hot car, even a gas can there is a very good chance it could explode. bom

Anyway ya, I would never play in anything over 40 celsius with a gas gun. Just way to dangerious and wear and tear on the gun. A bolt action rifle is slightly different though since it doesn't have the blow back action and the gas is sometimes housed in the cylinder.

View user profile
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Temperature question with GBBs.   Temperature question with GBBs. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:58 pm

One thing that just occured to me.. Green gas/propane runs roughly at about 30% more power than hfc134a.
I wonder if I should use a bit of that.

I know that people have blasted (myself included in a review I wrote) about the gas capacity of the TM M1911A1 on green gas. Perhaps I should actually use 134a on it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temperature question with GBBs.   Temperature question with GBBs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temperature question with GBBs.
Page 1 of 1