Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jin
Forum Member
Forum Member
Jin

Number of posts : 13
Location, where do you live? : Saint Paul, MN
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34? Empty
PostSubject: Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34?   Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:26 am

Well, I'm hoping to start a G34 race gun build within the next few weeks and I'm hoping to a put a Samurai Op (Docter Optic replica) red dot on it but I'm not sure how to go about the installation.

It seems DEN's custom shop has pulled this off before, based on this pic...

Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34? Clg26combat

but I'm not sure how to go about doing it myself.

I'm guessing what I'll need is a Op mount for either a Western Arms SVI or a Marui Hi-Capa and then just dremmel down the edges of the mounting points to match the size of the G34 rear sight mount. But I'm not sure which to get, the WA or the Marui version? The WA version looks closer to the rear sight mounting system that the Glock uses but I wanted to find out if anyone else has tried this before I make the plunge and buy one of these mounts.

Any ideas on this one guys? Smile
Back to top Go down
pearldrummer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34?   Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 8:27 am

I actually installed one on a real G19 today. if its anything like the real one, you are going to have to replace the real sight with a little bracket thing (still kind of looks like the rear sight, but slightly diferent), then all you do is screw the optics onto your slide and your done! very simple process
Back to top Go down
Wege
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34?   Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:49 pm

if it is intended to fit a real sight then yeah.. I understand they are a near drop in fit.

Real adjustable sights can just slot into the KSC Glock 17 rear sight slot. HOWEVER, they were a fraction loose.
If you were to add a HINT! of superglue or something, then they should stick into place. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34?   Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing a Docter Optic Replica on a KSC Glock 34?
Page 1 of 1