Airsoft Gas Gun Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Gas Gun Forum

A Forum dedicated to the use and customization of high end gas rifles, hand guns and many more...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisNorth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment? Empty
PostSubject: PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment?   PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:56 pm

I was planning on getting a PGC slide for my Marui G17 sometime in the near future, but I'd also like to be able to attach a suppressor. Since I've heard good things about the outer barrel that comes with the metal slide set, and since I'd rather have a tight bore instead of just two outer barrels, I was thinking of getting this PDI tightbore with threaded attachment. Mainly what I want to know is whether or not attaching a silencer will affect accuracy or the slide's cycling at all. I was also wondering, if anyone has one, how it looks? Does it leave a gap between the outer barrel?

I was also wondering if it was normal for the stock inner barrel to flex from the hop up assembly a bit?
Back to top Go down
hkssr20det
Gun Smith
Gun Smith
hkssr20det

Number of posts : 99
Location, where do you live? : Berkeley, CA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment?   PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:08 pm

I have used them in the past. It doesn't effect accuracy too much (but it obviously does since it is hanging off the inner barrel). Yes there will be a gap when the slide is locked open, but not when the slide is in battery. You do know that Shooters Design has released a threaded outer barrel? You can use any length PDI barrel cut for a Hi Capa in the Glock which includes the 7" 6.01mm.
Back to top Go down
ChrisNorth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment?   PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks for the info. I'd figured there'd be a gap when the slide was locked open, but I'm okay with it as long as there's not a gap when it's in battery. As long as I'm not getting 3 inch groups at 15 feet, I'm good with a little bit worse accuracy with a suppressor attached as well.

I've seen the SD outer barrel, but since I'm already getting an outer barrel with the slide set (which I've read was really good), I'd rather get two for the price of two, so to speak. I also only have the PFI SmokeCap to attach, so I'm not that concerned with a having a threaded barrel, but since the PDI barrel is a bit longer than the stock and comes with the thread bit I figured it would be a better deal.

Just to be sure; a standard length Hi-Capa barrel would stick out how far compared to the stock one? Also, I hadn't really thought of how the thread part attaches to the inner barrel, but it looks like it's just a grub screw that presses onto the groove into the inner barrel. If it does attach like this, how big is the risk of eventually bending the inside surface of the barrel? Does the screw part have a tendency to spin around the inner barrel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment?   PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PDI inner barrel with threaded attachment?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Airsoft Gas Gun Forum :: Gas Hand Guns-
Jump to: